Thursday 21 November 2013

Český Krumlov Castle, Český Krumlov, Czech Republic

I am so glad that I am just a week from the end of my examinations. It has been an exhausting marathon and I thank my followers for sitting through this postcard "drought" for the past 2 months. Though it was a really draining and, personally, torturous journey, it was enriching and I'm glad to be able to make regular updates once again! So here goes, the first card since my 2 month hiatus!

Český Krumlov Castle, Czech Republic. The castle has been standing for more that 700 years, and that is really amazing to me! This is a really beautiful winter night scene of the castle. This'll definitely be on my places to visit list! I shalln't bore you with the history of the castle. You can get more information on the castle's official page here.


A few pretty interesting stamps were used on the envelope. The first is a definitive from the flora series on 29th September 2010. It was issued singly and is a pretty common sight on many postcards. To the right, we have The Mole and The Rocket, issued on 29th May 2013 singly as well. I supposed the comic is a local Czech production because I don't really see this mole anywhere else. Lastly, we have a stamp issued on 29th September 2010 as well, commemorating the country's postal services. It was issued alone as well.

Thank you so much for the beautiful card and stamps Dana! 
Be sure to carry on following for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinions are highly welcomed!