Sunday 10 March 2013

Singapore Philatelic Museum, Singapore

The Singapore Philatelic Museum (SPM) is currently holding a snake themed exhibition in conjunction with the year of the snake in the Chinese zodiac series. I came across this deal on Postcrossing: send the SPM  a snake themed card and they'll send you one back! The cool thing is that the stamp on the postcard that they send back will bear the special SPM postmark! So I sent them a card, and here's what I got:


I sent them this blue postcard with a red snake. I think that the snake was illustrated pretty stylishly :). The exhibition runs till August 2013, so if you want a card from them with the special postmark, I guess you still have some time to get your card to them!

Here's their address:

Singapore Philatelic Museum
23B Coleman Street
Singapore 179807
Singapore

Personally, I sent them the card because I wanted to see the SPM postmark more than to receive a card back from them. So here's the stamp with the postmark! The stamp used here is part of a set of 8 commemorating the 4 important festivals celebrated in Singapore. They were issued on 19th October 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinions are highly welcomed!