Saturday 21 September 2013

Lisboa, Portugal

Here's one of the most special cards I've ever received! It came in a pretty normal looking envelope with a warning to handle carefully due to its fragility. I didn't think much about it at first, but it caught me by surprise to discover a card made entirely of cork! Though this is not the first card I have received from Portugal, it is the first card made from cork that I've received, and it really makes my day :).

Inside the envelope, Ana also kindly enclosed 5 used Portuguese stamps, a nice addition to my collection. The one on the bottom left has an ancient feel (probably due to the colour) ;). 

The envelope was affixed with  an eye catching yellow stamp. It was issued on 20th July 2012 along with four others on the theme of Traditional Portuguese Festivities. 

Thank you so much for the special card and stamps Ana, they really made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinions are highly welcomed!