Sunday 27 January 2013

Disney, Hong Kong

Here's a very unique card: Mickey and Minnie wandering on the streets of Hong Kong! I really like the old buildings behind the characters because just looking at them seems to transport me back in time to colonial Hong Kong. I guess this card might have been bought from Hong Kong Disneyland, which opened in 2005. I have never visited Hong Kong Disneyland, but I hope to be able to do so one day. I've heard people say it gets very crowded there, but I'm willing to try squeezing with the crowd to check out the place! :)
Two stamps were used on this card. The one on the left shows a scarlet minivet. It is from a set of 16 definitives featuring brids. The stamps were issued on 31st December 2006. The other stamp commemorates the 150th anniversary of stamp issuance in Hong Kong. It was issued on 8th December 2012 along with 5 other stamps.

Thank you very much for the beautiful card and stamps Daniel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinions are highly welcomed!