Monday 4 February 2013

Azerbaijan!

Finally got a card from one of the countries I've been looking out for: Azerbaijan! This card shows a landscape painting, and I like it very much. The furthest I ever got with translating the Cyrillic text behind tells me that the artist is S. Svetoslavsky. I have no idea what the rest of the Cyrillic text means... Anyway, anyone knows more about this picture? Please feel free to share your knowledge :).

The horse stamp that this card bears was issued on 16th November 2011 along with 3 others. They surround the theme of Garabagh horses. The other stamp shows the Ferruginous duck. It is from a set of 3 stamps issued on 14th September 2011 portraying birds. 

Thank you very much for the beautiful card and stamps Oleg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinions are highly welcomed!