Sunday 24 February 2013

Villarrica volcano, Pucón, Chile

This is a majestic view of the Villarrica volcano in Chile. It is one of Chile's most active volcanoes today. The volcano is popular with tourists, with several guided tours being conducted especially in summer. Villarrica is one of the only 5 volcanoes in the world known to have an active lava lake within it's crater. Sounds cool! I should check it out some day!


The two stamps used on the envelope form a complete set depicting the role of famous Irish people in Chile's independence. They are part of the Chile-Ireland joint issue. They were issued on 28th October 2010. I especially like the airmail sticker used on the card. I've never seen a circular one, and this airmail sticker really strikes me. Also, Alexis was very nice to have included some other used Chilean stamps in the envelope for my collection.


Thank you for swapping with me Alexis! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinions are highly welcomed!