Saturday 16 February 2013

Liechtenstein!

Ok this postcard should have been up on my blog long ago, but I left it somewhere and forgot about it for a while. Finally, a card from Liechtenstein! If you can see the very faint shadows at the top of the card, you will notice that the card has a very special shape. The top of the card is cut to fit the shape of the letters!

I like these view of Liechtenstein. The left column shows (from top) Kapelle St. Mamerten, Auhof and Friedenskapelle Malbun.  The main picture is that of Schloss Vaduz. In the right column, we have (from top) Vaduz Zentrum, Kunstmuseum and Rheintal.

The stamp is really beautiful and I love it. It was issued on 12th November 2012 in lieu of the Christmas season. It shows archangel Uriel. This stamp was issued along with three others depicting other archangels. It's really cool because the gold colouration on the stamp is shiny (but it doesn't show well on my scanned picture). And I found out that the people in Liechtenstein use the Swiss Francs as their currency. No wonder the denominations of the stamps are all marked in CHF!

Thank you Larissa, Sarah, Samuel, Matteo and Jamie for sending me this wonderful card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinions are highly welcomed!